More than $220,000 committed for Agriculture in the Classroom programming
WESTMINSTER (June 23, 2022) — The Colorado Foundation for Agriculture (CFA) announces their sponsors for the 2021-2022 fiscal year, spanning almost 200 individuals, businesses, and organizations. So far this year, sponsors have committed more than $220,000 for the Foundation’s Colorado Agriculture in the Classroom (CoAITC) programs and resources.
Since 1991, CoAITC has sought to advance agricultural literacy – awareness, knowledge, and appreciation of food, fiber, fuel, and natural resources – among prekindergarten through 12th grade teachers and their students. During the 2021-2022 school year, CoAITC programs and resources reached more than 320,000 students, teachers, families, and individuals across Colorado in urban, suburban, and rural communities.
“The success of our programs shines when we see more teachers than ever including Agriculture in the Classroom programming in their classrooms,” said executive director Jennifer Scharpe. “I am incredibly thankful for the support of our sponsors, who make this work and impact across Colorado possible.”
- CHS Foundation in partnership with NAITCO
- Colorado Beef Council
- Colorado Corn Administrative Committee
- Colorado Department of Agriculture
- Colorado Fruit and Vegetable Growers Association
- Grandin Livestock Handling Systems, Inc. (Dr. Temple Grandin)
- Intrepid Potash
- Larimer County Farm Bureau
- National Agriculture in the Classroom Organization (NAITCO)
- Nutrien in partnership with NAITCO
- Premiere Copier, LLC
- West Greeley Conservation District