Hello everyone and Happy Thanksgiving! Kristen here with your Thursday edition of the Dunedin Daily, filled with all the community news you need to know right now. In today’s newsletter, you’ll learn about these stories and more…
- How to get a free beer at Beach Island Brewery
- Small Business Saturday deals you won’t want to miss
- Olde Bay Cafe’s holiday celebration during the boat parade
But first, today’s weather:
A passing afternoon shower. High: 82 Low: 69.
Shoutout to our first local sponsors:
- Want to support local artists in Dunedin? Studio 1212 Art Gallery was voted the best small art gallery cooperative for 2022 by Tampa Bay Magazine. Managed by award-winning area artists, this nonprofit gallery features original artwork and prints, and has a popular boutique of fine hand-crafted gift items. Stop by 234 Monroe St., 11 am – 3 pm Wednesday to Sunday or visit studio1212.org to shop and to see exhibition schedules. Support local artists by becoming a Patron of Studio 1212 here.
- We all know Dunedin is a great place to visit. And we love it when our friends and family come to town. We just don’t always want them to actually stay in our homes. But how do we get that across without sounding, you know, a little rude…? Here’s an idea: strongly suggest they stay at the Mai Tai Suites. Owners John and Karen Bickford offer fully furnished 850 square foot 2-bed, 1-bath suites for less than the price of a hotel. Mai Tai Suites is located off the Dunedin Causeway and is surrounded by St. Joseph’s Sound. It’s convenient to Clearwater Beach and Downtown Dunedin. It’s also dog-friendly (with no pet fee) and offers a free guest pass to nearby Honeymoon Island State Park. Invite all your friends and family to visit Dunedin — and tell them to book their rooms at Mai Tai Suites today.
Want to see your business featured in this spot? Click here to get started.
Here are the top 2 stories in Dunedin today:
- Don’t forget, this Saturday, Nov. 26, is Small Business Saturday! Celebrate by supporting local businesses while simultaneously crossing off some items on your holiday shopping list. Many shops are having special deals to honor the day. Salon Blond Avida is offering discounts on merchandise, offering drinks and hors d’oeuvres, and holding a special holiday raffle. Other local businesses having sales on Saturday include the Dunedin Fine Art Center and Knot on Main. Use the city’s business directory to find a small business that offers exactly what you’re looking for! (Dunedin Commerce)
- Plan on attending the Dunedin Holiday Boat Parade? The event will kick off the holiday season on Dec. 3 at 6 pm with boats scheduled to float by the Dunedin Marina around 7 pm Limited capacity parade viewing for those who are disabled will be at the Marina Pier and is available on a first-come, first-served basis. After the boat parade, Santa will make an appearance and participate in a meet and greet with kids of all ages. Olde Bay Café will also add to the celebration with holiday music, tasty seafood, and a s’mores station. The night will conclude with the Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Edgewater Park. (Dunedin Patch)
Dunedin Daily Pic of the Day:
Thank you, Joy Petersen, for sharing a photo of the interesting mushrooms you discovered in Hammock Park!
Today in Dunedin:
- Live Music with Derek Sivers at Sandbar Grill (6 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- Reminder: All City of Dunedin facilities will be closed today, Nov. 24, and tomorrow, Nov. 25 in observance of Thanksgiving. Residential curbside Solid Waste and Recycling services will be suspended on Thursday. Instead, Thursday collections will take place on Friday, and Friday’s collections will happen on Saturday. (City of Dunedin via Facebook)
- SPCA Tampa Bay reminds all pet owners to keep animals safe this holiday season by learning what foods are safe for them to eat. If you decide to give your furry friends a holiday treat, consider one of these safe options: a spoonful of 100 percent PURE canned pumpkin before spices are added, unseasoned cooked turkey meat, or a holiday-themed pet treat. (SPCA Tampa Bay via Facebook)
- The City of Dunedin thanked former Vice Mayor Deborah Kynes for her 18 years of service to the community. They also congratulated Commissioner Jeff Gow for being re-elected for Seat 4, and Rob Walker who was elected for Seat 2. (City of Dunedin via Facebook)
- Beach Island Brewery is offering a free pint of beer with the purchase of a gift certificate on Black Friday! Be sure to stop by on Nov. 25 to take advantage of this awesome deal. (Dunedin Patch)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
Alrighty, you’re all caught up for today! I’ll see you around.